One of the keys to success in golf is playing the golf irons consistently. For most beginners this seems an almost impossible dream, but with the application and practise of some sound principles it becomes achievable.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Posture. Stand with the feet pointing to the target, with knees flexed, back straight and the weight resting towards the heels.
2. Take the club back using a hand and arm swing, making sure the wrists are fully cocked.
3. Try to keep your body position as still as possible as your swing the club around your body.
4. You must make sure the left side of your body is cleared out of the way before you strike the ball. This will also enable you to generate lots of club head speed, and therefore hit the ball further.
5. Stay down as you hit through the shot and follow through keeping your arms straight. Seeing the ground after the ball has been played will stop you lifting your head too soon and the result will be a better golf shot.
6. You have complete control over how much power you use in playing your irons this way. Many top players play their shots well within their capabilities.
Here are some more tips to develop consistency with your iron shots.
1. Try to develop a sense of tempo with your clubs. Once you have done this try to play the irons at the same, even tempo. Don't try and rush the shot.
2. Keeping the right knee flexed as you make the back swing will ensure you only turn your hips 45%.
3. Make notes as to how far you typically hit the ball with each iron in your bag.
I hope you enjoyed these tips, and here's to good golfing.
If you are fed up with hitting bad golf shots and would like to learn how to swing the club properly, and hit more consistent golf shots Click Here! for more information or visit: http://www.busfromhome.info for instant access.